Friday 26 September 2014

Being a member of the Awkward Squad can work!

Diagnosis made, scans done (apparently it is called "staging"), was waiting for an appointment to see The Great Man. If you have read this far, you may have noticed that I am probably not the easiest person to have as a client. Hate the word "patient": I am definitely not a patient person!!

Had set myself a deadline of 16:00 before starting to make the Hospital staff's lives difficult again. Actually sitting with fingers poised ready to call them when the phone rang. Polite young man who told me it was a "courtesy call" to let me know that I have been booked in to see The Great Man on Monday!

I have to wonder whether anyone less persistent would have managed to get an MRI and Bone scan, plus an appointment with The Great Man within 7 working days..............I hope that they would have, but somehow I doubt it.

Hint: do not be a passive recipient of services, take control and do not take "no" for an answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment