Saturday 4 October 2014

Nothing much happening

A great day in the "real world" doing real things with real people at Medway Council yesterday. Medway Social Workers are great! If you can ever get to combine work with the things you love doing, then that was it...........

On the Hospital front: nice woman from the appointments department called yesterday to let me know that the Great Man had invited me to see him on Monday and I would receive the letter confirming it today. Investigations not complete, so this is intriguing. A potentially interesting bunch of options:

  • a dressing down for being difficult?
  • news about something else they have found?
  • an explanation of the initial delay ?
  • a discussion about treatment options?
  • none of the above?
Who knows? Will find out at 11:40 (ish) on Monday...............

Meanwhile, I had a lovely email from the Care Quality Commission. I had completed their "comment on your care" online form the other week giving them some of the details about the early delays and inviting them to read this blog. It was a straightforward account, but I did add that I hoped to be able to give some really positive feedback about Medway Hospital by the end of all this. These are the people who monitor hospitals and were responsible for putting Medway Hospital in so called Special Measures. They had passed my comments on to the local Inspector and gave me her name........that means that I can work out her email address if I ever need it!

Will not update the blog tomorrow as some really good friends have invited us for dinner tonight and I will probably be recovering from a bit of a hangover...........

Quick update: two letters from the Hospital. One to tell me that I have an appointment on Monday, the other was copies of the internal referral letters sent by The Great Man. I asked to be copied into all correspondence, not believeing that it would ever happen, but, lo and behold, it is happening! According to my in-house expert on Hospitals this is unheard of. Full marks.

A whimsical song to keep you amused. We have all met the subject of this one!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fz44_Sp0K8A

No comments:

Post a Comment